This recipe is the first to be posted, and has been done so by popular demand! It is a chocolately yummy slice that is very moreish and a huge hit with kids and adults alike! Share
270 g Mars Bars*
120 g butter
1.5 tbsp golden syrup
3.75 cups of rice bubbles
225 g milk chocolate buttons
45 g butter
1. Place butter, Mars Bars and golden syrup in a saucepan over a low heat. Melt slowly, stirring and breaking up the soft bits of nougat as you go.
2. Stir until melted and combined. It may look separated for a little while but keep stirring until it has thickened slightly, is combined and creamy. This only takes a few minutes.
3. Stir through rice bubbles, trying not to squash them until the rice bubbles are all coated with the Mars Bar mixture.
4. Line and grease a 20 x 20 cm pan. Press mixture into the base. Chill while making the icing.
5. Combine chocolate and butter over a double boiler and melt, careful not to let the water touch the bottom of the top saucepan.
6. Pour icing mixture over the base and chill. Cut with a sharp knife before it is too chilled (or it will snap and shatter – it is a little easier when softer to cut). Store in an airtight container.